Welcome! Check out the latest posts. For more, take a look around. Hope you find it helpful and inspirational. And if you do, please let everyone know. Hope to see you again soon!
The focus on this blog – in fact, the reason it exists – is not to chronicle the decline of the nation as it runs over the cliff; I think our mission as Christians is to be Christ’s agents to bring the kingdom of God to earth.
If we merely giving people fodder to munch as they wag their heads at the pile of crap the world is becoming but we don’t motivate people to be agents of change, then we could just give links to a bunch of others that already do that. Let’s just pass the popcorn as we are entertained.
We are trying to do reporting and commentary that makes a difference.
- No CommentsThere has been a massive migration, of late, of Muslims into countries in the west; particularly now, in large part, because of the crisis of war-torn Syria. In 2010, Europe had a Muslim population of about 13 million people. Now, according to Pew Research, it’s over 20 million. There is a similar phenomenon of an increased […]Read More »
- No CommentsThere are so many different ideas and understandings about “faith healing” in the Christian church today. Some believe it happens all the time. Many, especially in the west, consider it a bunch of bunk. But you have to know that it’s real or it’s not, whether you you believe it or not. And let’s face […]Read More »
- No Comments(A guest post by “The Average White Guy”) Being the average white guy that I am, you can imagine the flood of sweet emotions that flowed from my belly this afternoon as I heard a story on NPR‘s “All Things Considered,” which was about a study that explores “the links between politics and racial bias.” The […]Read More »
- No CommentsIf anyone has struggled with an addiction or struggled with a besetting sin, he or she knows how difficult it can be to break free. And so often, in the struggle and the turmoil, there is the questioning of God and of His mercy and His wisdom in letting the addict struggle and fail – […]Read More »
- No CommentsLife is a series of ups and downs. For most of us, the journey is not always a steady-state of happiness, focus or peace in our surroundings. We all struggle with varying levels of discontent about our circumstances, frustration with our tasks or limits to our situations and the like. From a Christian perspective, it leaves […]Read More »
- 1 CommentI remember, back in 1994, hearing a bit of a hullaballoo about the “Toronto Blessing” (a revival that is purported to have broken out at the Toronto Airport Vineyard Church in 1994, now known as “Catch The Fire“). It is one of those stories that, depending on your persuasion, leaves you with some very positive […]Read More »
- 1 CommentI want first to say that Colin Hamer`s book, “Divorce and the Bible” is a book I highly recommend, even though I don`t agree with all of the conclusions in the book. It’s not the first time I’ve recommended books I don’t agree with completely. It seems that a book can be good for a number of […]Read More »
- 1 CommentEvery once in a while I will read something in a book that will grip my attention. And when I do, I stop reading and reflect on it. I think when something jumps out at you, it just might be God trying to get your attention. All too often in prayer, we tend to try to […]Read More »
- No CommentsWe All Have Stories The longer you travel this road of life, the more stories you remember from the journey. I remember this one for how it demonstrates how there are many different ways that God can speak to a person about the condition of his or her soul. I used to work in an auto […]Read More »
- No CommentsThere is peace to be found in the chaos Sometimes, in the business of life, it is all so easy to be overwhelmed by the circumstances of life. It’s not so bad sometimes; but when you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders, it is so easy to spin on the problems. Sometimes, circumstances […]Read More »
- No CommentsThere is a post in “The Times” out of the U. K. that outlines a plan to send 300,000 new bibles into Iran. It is true. Jesus is alive, is very real and very much on the move around the world. The chinese church is currently mobilizing 1,000,000 missionaries to evangelize the Muslim people in […]Read More »
- No CommentsPeople often ask me, “why do I not hear God?” For some time now, I’ve tried to get up early in the morning to pray. I believe, as most Christians do, that it’s important to try to spend time in the word of God and let Him speak to me as I read quietly, in […]Read More »
- No CommentsShe wasn’t hurting anyone. But if the truth be known, she was annoying a lot of people. It reminded me how sometimes we have no idea how our behaviors are actually hindering the gospel as we try to preach it to others. We were at the Staten Island Ferry terminal, waiting for the boat to […]Read More »
- No CommentsBeing “Still” Is Not Doing Nothing Being still before the Lord is not inactivity. It is refined activity. Being still is choosing to “do nothing,” but not with the idea of merely shutting your brain off and disengaging to relax or unwind; it is a purposeful disengaging from all the “busyness” of life that distracts […]Read More »
- No CommentsI remember, years ago, when I was working in a factory with a group of guys who knew I was a Christian and who knew that I was pretty vocal about it. At the time, the gospel was pretty simple for me. You have to make a choice. Jesus died for your sins. You have […]Read More »
- No CommentsFrancis Frangipane speaks (in an interview during a podcast) of a time where he was so down in his life, so discouraged at the way his life was going. He was raising 5 children and a foster child, discouraged that he wasn’t sensing a clear direction for his place in life or where God wanted […]Read More »
- 1 CommentThere are some things that happen and they stick with you. I remember a moment very clearly that was one of those “stick with you” moments. Actually, it was fairly recently, and I hope it sticks with me forever, for the urgency it created in my soul at that moment. I was listening to an […]Read More »
- No CommentsThe Devil Wants You Dead. And God does, too. They just want it for different reasons. The devil wants you dead because he hates you and wants to destroy you. He hates that God loves you and that God wants you to reflect His glory in the earth and for you to be a part of […]Read More »
- No CommentsWe All Know About Fifty Shades Of Grey. Maybe you haven’t thought about it like this before. It is Sunday morning. Pastor Jones stands in the pulpit, his heart burning with a message about how important it is to be passionate about our relationship with God, and how much we must be consumed with a […]Read More »
- No CommentsYou Know In Your Head But It Still Doesn’t Make Sense Recently, having dinner one day while on a cruise ship, I heard conversation going on at a nearby table. “I don’t understand how this boat can float. I just can’t wrap my head around it. I get the physics behind it and everything. I […]Read More »